Earn Your Education Degree Online
You’ve Always Known You Were Destined To Make A Difference
Request More Information
Complete this form to receive information about coursework, admissions, tuition and more.
Note: All fields required.
More Than 40 Education Programs, Fully Online
Reach your career goals in education with an online degree from the University of West Alabama. Choose from more than 40 certification and non-certification education programs that can enhance your career as an educator inside or outside the classroom. Study in a flexible online environment and experience a personalized education designed to help you achieve your dreams, on your schedule and at an affordable cost.
The University of West Alabama Online offers a culturally and intellectually diverse environment designed with the flexibility to fit your lifestyle. From application to graduation, you can benefit from our affordable tuition, personal support and generous credit transfer policy.
- The University of West Alabama is regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- The Julia S. Tutwiler College of Education’s educator preparation programs are approved by the Alabama Department of Education.
- All educator certification programs are nationally accredited by the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP).
- UWA Online is proud to offer tuition that is among the most affordable in the state.
Online Education Degrees and Certificates
Discover the online program that offers a path to your goals.
Build knowledge in topics that span multiple teaching areas, from early childhood development to special education. You can prepare to teach elementary classes or get certified in Collaborative Teacher/Special Education.
- BS Early Childhood Development
- BS Early Childhood/Elementary Education (P-3/K-6)
- BS Special Education: Collaborative Teacher
- BS General Science: Teacher Certification
Pursue a teaching career in the state of Alabama or change the subject or grade you teach with one of the 12 certifications listed below. You can earn a master’s level teaching certification and a Master of Arts in Teaching (MAT) or Master of Education (MEd) degree. To apply, you must hold a bachelor’s or master’s degree from a regionally accredited institution with a minimum 2.75 GPA or 3.00 GPA, respectively.
- Alt. A Biology, 6-12 (MEd or MAT)
- Alt. A Early Childhood & Elementary Education, P-3/K-6
- Alt. A Early Childhood Education, P-3
- Alt. A Elementary Education, K-6
- Alt. A English Language Arts, 6-12 (MEd or MAT)
- Alt. A General Science, 6-12 (MEd or MAT)
- Alt. A History, 6-12 (MEd or MAT)
- Alt. A Mathematics, 6-12 (MEd or MAT)
- Alt. A Physical Education, P-12
- Alt. A Social Science, 6-12
- Alt. A Special Education: Collaborative Teacher, K-6
- Alt. A Special Education: Collaborative Teacher, 6-12
Achieve your goals as an educator by building teaching skills and preparing to meet the development needs of children and adult learners. Our programs impart qualifications for careers in early childhood, elementary and high school settings, as well as instructional leadership, library media and technology. You can also seek your doctorate in education to focus on critical rural education issues.
- EdD Rural Education
- MA Teaching (Certification or Non-Certification)
- MEd Early Childhood Development
- MEd Early Childhood Education, P-3
- MEd Elementary Education, K-6
- MEd High School Education, 6-12
- MEd Instructional Leadership
- MEd Learning, Design & Technology
- MEd Library Media
- MEd Physical Education, P-12
- MEd School Counseling
- MEd Special Education: Collaborative Teacher, K-6
- MEd Special Education: Collaborative Teacher, 6-12
- MEd Student Affairs in Higher Education
- MS Adult Continuing Education
- Library Media option
- MS Physical Education
Develop superior practices to advance as an educator ready to improve students’ lives. Our online EdS programs enable you to acquire specialized qualifications for leadership roles in P-12 settings, with options for studying counseling, library media and other topics.
- EdS Counseling (non-certification)
- EdS Early Childhood Education P-3 (certification)
- EdS Elementary Education K-6 (certification)
- EdS Instructional Leadership (certification)
- EdS Library Media (certification or non-certification)
- EdS School Counseling (certification)
- EdS Special Education: Collaborative Teacher, K-6 (certification)
- EdS Special Education: Collaborative Teacher, 6-12 (certification)
- EdS Teacher Leader (certification)
In just one year, you can pursue qualifications to move into instructional leadership, special education or teaching. These online programs help you meet requirements set by the Alabama State Department of Education (ALSDE) while also preparing you for advanced education roles.
- Post-Master’s Certificate: Instructional Leadership
- Provisional Certification in a Teaching Field
- Temporary Special Education Certificate
UWA is located in the heart of Livingston on the western border of the state. As one of the oldest and most prestigious colleges in Alabama, we’ve been helping students pursue their dreams and goals since 1835. Join more than 3,500 online learners and take advantage of our tradition of excellence with our flexible online programs.Request Info
Where Flexibility Meets Quality
UWA designs online classes to provide the flexibility needed to balance your school and work commitments. The courses offer the same rigor found on campus, so you can engage in quality education to prepare for career success. As you take classes online, your success coach will offer guidance and assist with your questions.
Enhance Your Effectiveness as an Educator
UWA’s education programs prepare you to provide learning experiences that meet the needs of students of every age. Develop the expertise needed to succeed in teaching or administrative roles, with options for acquiring the certification required for instructional leadership, library media and other fields.
Pursue Your Dream Job
Achieve your goals as an educator by building teaching skills and preparing to meet the development needs of children and adult learners. Our programs impart the qualifications for a career field projected to have more than 900,000 job openings each year from 2021 to 2031.1
Career Paths in Education
- Education administrator: $102,650 per year2
- Elementary school teacher: $61,350 per year1
- Instructional designer: $66,524 per year3
- Student affairs director: $77,419 per year4
Request More InformationRequest Info
- U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. “Education, Training, and Library Occupations.” Retrieved December 16, 2022, from https://www.bls.gov/.
- U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. “Occupational Employment and Wages, May 2021: 11-9032 Education Administrators, Kindergarten through Secondary.” Retrieved December 16, 2022, from https://www.bls.gov/.
- Payscale. “Average Instructional Designer Salary.” Retrieved December 16, 2022, from https://www.payscale.com/.
- Payscale. “Average Director of Student Affairs Salary.” Retrieved December 16, 2022, from https://www.payscale.com/.