Online Master of Education (MEd)
You’ve Always Known You Were Destined To Make A Difference
Request More Information
Complete this form to receive information about coursework, admissions, tuition and more.
Note: All fields required.
Advance Your Career in Education
Take the next step in your education career with an online master’s degree from the University of West Alabama. Choose from more than 10 certification and non-certification options that can help you succeed in the classroom and beyond. Because UWA Online delivers these affordable programs in a fully online format, you can study on your schedule as you prepare to reach your goals.
The University of West Alabama Online offers a culturally and intellectually diverse environment designed with the flexibility to fit your lifestyle. From application to graduation, you can benefit from our affordable tuition, personal support and generous credit transfer policy.
- The University of West Alabama is regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- The Julia S. Tutwiler College of Education’s educator preparation programs are approved by the Alabama Department of Education.
- All educator certification programs are nationally accredited by the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP).
- UWA Online is proud to offer tuition that is among the most affordable in the state.
Fully Online Graduate Education Programs
Discover the online program that offers a path to your goals.
UWA provides the opportunity to earn master’s level teaching certification in Alabama and an MEd degree.* You can select the online program that prepares you to impact student lives as a teacher, counselor, dyslexia therapist or instructional leader.
- MEd Dyslexia Therapy
- MEd Early Childhood Education, P-3
- MEd Elementary Education, K-6
- MEd High School Education, 6-12
- MEd Instructional Leadership
- MEd Library Media
- MEd Physical Education, P-12
- MEd School Counseling
- MEd Special Education: Collaborative Teacher, K-6
- MEd Special Education: Collaborative Teacher, 6-12
Build skills for supporting effective learning at multiple levels, from early childhood to higher education. After finishing your program, you can expand your career prospects in roles involving program administration, student affairs, instructional design and more.
- MEd Early Childhood Development
- MEd Learning, Design & Technology
- MEd Student Affairs in Higher Education
UWA is located in the heart of Livingston on the western border of the state. As one of the oldest and most prestigious colleges in Alabama, we’ve been helping students pursue their dreams and goals since 1835. Join more than 3,500 online learners and take advantage of our tradition of excellence with our flexible online programs.Request Info
Where Flexibility Meets Quality
UWA designs online classes to provide the flexibility needed to balance your school and work commitments. The courses offer the same rigor found on campus, so you can engage in quality education to prepare for career success. As you take classes online, your success coach will offer guidance and assist with your questions.
Enhance Your Effectiveness as an Educator
UWA’s Master of Education programs prepare you to provide enriching learning experiences for students at multiple education levels. Develop the skills and knowledge needed to succeed as a teacher or administrator by learning from faculty with real-world experience and the highest degrees in their field.
Pursue Your Dream Job
Achieve your goals as an educator by building teaching skills and preparing to meet the development needs of children and adult learners. Our programs impart qualifications for teaching students directly or beginning careers in instructional leadership, library media and technology.
Career Paths in Education
- Education administrator: $102,650 per year1
- Elementary school teacher: $61,350 per year2
- Instructional designer: $66,524 per year3
- Special education teacher: $61,820 per year4
- Student affairs director: $77,419 per year5
Request More InformationRequest Info
Save With the Teacher Connect Scholarship
You can take advantage of a $50 per credit hour scholarship with the Teacher Connect Partnership Program. Apply your scholarship to an undergraduate or graduate online education degree seeking certification. You must work in a school system participating in Teacher Connect and maintain other eligibility requirements.
- U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. “Occupational Employment and Wages, May 2021: 11-9032 Education Administrators, Kindergarten through Secondary.” Retrieved December 14, 2022, from https://www.bls.gov/.
- U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. “Kindergarten and Elementary School Teachers.” Retrieved December 16, 2022, from https://www.bls.gov/.
- Payscale. “Average Instructional Designer Salary.” Retrieved December 16, 2022, from https://www.payscale.com/.
- U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. “Special Education Teachers.” Retrieved December 14, 2022, from https://www.bls.gov/.
- Payscale. “Average Director of Student Affairs Salary.” Retrieved December 16, 2022, from https://www.payscale.com/.
*Reciprocity requirements vary by state. If your certification is outside of Alabama, please ensure your state’s requirements are compatible with Alabama’s.